Roy's (Mobile) Makan Blog!

Well, here's to Makan, Friends and more Makan! Edit: Have started a Roy's Blog Cast on http://web.mac.com/roychang so would probably blog there more and keep this for mobile blogging. :)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Yio Chu Kang, Singapore

Em, okie. I like to eat. Guess that's quite obvious. :) and I love Apple Macintosh. Music is also my passion.

Friday, May 20, 2005

Watermelons!


Watermelon
Originally uploaded by Makantime.
The weather has been hot and wet. Well, for hot days, there's no other fruit better than watermelons! We had these after a rather humid evening of bible study and it was really refreshing. There were all cut up like trees so it's really great for handling and popping it into the mouth like an ice cream cone.

But the best place I had watermelons was in Burma. I remember pulling over the roadside stall to buy quite a few. It was all largely cut up and we ate the whole melon as we drove along. Being a typical singaporean, I held all the watermelon seeds in my hand after every mouth full. I then asked the locals where to throw them without realising that they have been 'sowing' watermelons along the way as they were eating! I then uncomfortably joined in, spitting my watermelon seeds as I was eating and moving along. And for a singaporean, it was a somewhat 'liberating' experience! Haha. Can't do that here in Singapore though. CWO.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home